Electric pole saws have become more and more popular with time. They make trimming high up and hard to reach areas of your tree easy and hassle-free. Today you are going to read you complete CRAFTSMAN V20 Pole Saw, 14-Foot (CMCCSP20M1) Review. So, if you are a hobbyist gardener or an eco-concerned individual looking to get into gardening then an electric pole saw would be a great tool to have in your arsenal.
A pole saw is a saw attached to an extension pole. They come in both powered and non-powered variants. The powered ones are usually a lightweight chainsaw attached to the end of a pole.
Today, in this CRAFTSMAN V20 Pole Saw, 14-Foot (CMCCSP20M1) review article, I’ll be talking all about its features, pros, cons and lastly if you should get it or not.
A Brief Overview Of CRAFTSMAN V20 Pole Saw, 14-Foot (CMCCSP20M1)
Craftsman is a well-renowned company in the pole saw market. And the CRAFTSMAN V20 Pole Saw, 14-Foot (CMCCSP20M1) is an example of their brilliance of design and technology. It comes with a powerful 20V motor that provides you one of the best performances in the market. With a 4.0 AH lithium-ion battery it promises to provide long hours of uninterrupted use.
The pole is about 14 inches in length. This ensures that you are able to reach even the trickiest of places of your tree. The head or the saw is situated in a slightly angled position to allow maximum flexibility of use. The saw has 8″ bar+ chain which can cut through branches up to 6 inches of thickness.
The branch hook situated conveniently below the chainsaw can be used to clear off cut branches and other debris. This pole saw is cordless. This means you don’t have to be concerned about tangling up in wire and can focus on your trimming. This also provides a greater level of flexibility of use.
It is also super lightweight. Weighing at only 6.8 lbs. This ensures you can work longer without causing too much hand fatigue. So, if you are looking to buy a new electric pole saw the CRAFTSMAN V20 Pole Saw would be an excellent choice.
- Battery Voltage: 20 volts maximum
- Best use: Trimming and pruning, light cutting
- Included Number of batteries: 1
- Battery Variant: Lithium-ion (Li-ion)
- Pole Length (Inches): 8
- Recommended Maximum Cut Diameter (Inches): 6
- Bar or Chain Oil Included: No
- Included Charger: Yes
- Max Reach (In Feet): 15
- Quick-Adjust Tensioning Mechanism: No
- Auto Oiling technology: No
- Pole saw Weight (lbs): 6.8
- Included Case: No
- Fully Assembled: No
- Warranty: 3-year limited
- Commercial Warranty: None
- Low Kickback Bar and Chain: Yes
- Replacement Chain: CMZCSC8
- Color: Red
- Pole Saw type: Electric (Cordless)
- Series Name: V20
- Extra Chain Included: No
- CA Residents: Prop 65 Warning(s): Yes
- Included Battery: Yes
- Max Extension (ft): 10
- Initiation Method: Push start
FEATURES of CRAFTSMAN V20 Pole Saw, 14-Foot (CMCCSP20M1) Review:
The pole saw is completely battery-powered. As a result, it does not need to be plugged in with a chord which allows the user maximum freedom during use. Also, this eliminates trip hazards and there is no chance of tangling up in wires.Check Today’s Price On Amazon
High Capacity Battery:
The CRAFTSMAN V20 Pole Saw boasts a 4.0 AH Battery. This ensures long hours of uninterrupted operation. Forget about frequent recharging and wires lying around all over the place. The CRAFTSMAN V20 Pole Saw’s high capacity battery makes sure you work longer without any hassle. It can do up to 165 cuts on 2-in x 4-in pine on a single charge.
The pole can reach up to 14 inches which is more than enough for most gardening needs. It does not matter whether you are a home gardener or a professional. The CRAFTSMAN V20 Pole Saw will fit your requirements.
The head or the saw is positioned at an angle at the end of the pole. This ensures that you can trim more easily and comfortably. This design is far more intuitive and efficient than the standard 90-degree angle design. This angled design allows you to trim with far less effort.
The CRAFTSMAN V20 Pole Saw has a nifty little feature called the branch hook. This is a really useful little thing to have and I’m speaking from experience. Cut off branches often get stuck on the tree. With the branch hook, you can easily pull them out. It can also be used to pull out other unwanted debris loitering on your tree.
The soft grip design helps to provide maximum comfort during operation. When operating a tool like this ensuring reliable handling and comfort of use is a must.
Available Replacement Parts:
Craftsman provides replacement parts for the chain Cmzcsc8 and the Bar Cmzcsb8 allowing ease of repair.
3 Years Warranty:
The CRAFTSMAN V20 Pole Saw comes with 3 years of warranty which ensures the reliability of the craftsman brand.
What’s Inside The Box?
The CRAFTSMAN V20 Pole Saw comes with the following:
- CMCCSP20 pole chainsaw
- CMCB402 V20 MAX 4.0 AH battery
- V20 MAX lithium-ion charger
- A 14-inch extension pole
- An instruction manual
- Great value
- Excellent battery life
- Great for trimming and pruning
- Long reach (14 inches)
- Convenient angled design
- Very grippy
- Available replacement parts
- Included branch hook
- Long warranty (3 years)
- Well reviewed by users
- Pole might show some bending
- May have some balancing issues due to the weight distribution
- The tip of the blade is hard to see sometimes
How To Use An Electric Pole Saw?
Clear the area:
First, make sure there is no one walking around the work area. Pole saws are very dangerous. So, for your and other people’s safety, it is best that you restrict others from being around you while you are working. Clear out any trip hazards like, fallen branches, wires, gardening tools, etc. that might be lying around.
Position the saw:
Hold up the pole saw in a vertical position. Then place the saw on the branch you want to cut off. The weight of the pole saw should be on the branch.
Fix your posture:
Move a bit away from the pole saw head. It should not be right on top of you. The pole should remain at an angle to you. This will allow you to have the best grip and also make sure the saw head does not come near your after cutting through the branch.
Push the start button and the saw should start cutting. Gently, press down on the branch with the saw head and it should cut right through. After it cuts through, pull up slightly to make sure the chainsaw does not slam to the ground.
Turn off and clean up:
After you have finished trimming your tree, push the off switch. Wait for the pole saw to completely turn off and then clean and store it. Finally, clean up the fallen branches and leaves.
- Choose a reputable brand
- Register your pole saw as early as possible for safety notices and returns.
- Check your socket for defects like burn marks, arcing or overheating.
- Make sure your socket is RCD protected to prevent unfortunate accidents. Use an RCD socket or RCD plug.
- Make sure the working area is restricted to other people and pets.
- Do not use electric pole saws in the rain.
- Do not cut branches near power lines. (Within 50ft)
- Hold pole saw at chest level and as close as possible.
- Cut at a 45-degree angle.
- Maintain proper posture while using a pole saw
- When you are done wait a few moments after hitting the off switch until all the moving after stop working.
- If there is a fire call 911.
Pole saw maintenance tips
Any electric tool needs proper care for maintaining performance. If not properly maintained their performance slowly diminish. You should know how to care for your electric pole saw if you want it to last as long as possible. Here are some tips on how you take care of your electric pole saw:
- Check every nook and cranny of your pole saw. Look for any loose nuts or bolts. If found tighten them up before use.
- Inspect the trigger and the trigger lock. Make sure they work properly.
- Check the chain. Make use it’s properly sharp. Look for any breaks or other defects.
- If cordless, then check if your pole saw is fully charged. If not then charge it up before use.
- Clean the blade and the body of the saw properly. Use a damp cloth and a brush to clean any debris.
- Clean below the protective cover that surrounds the blade.
- Lubricate the chain.
- Empty the bar oil container.
- Pack up the pole saw after you are done using it.
- Check the cables for any rips or exposed wire
- Check the battery health. Replace if needed.
- Sharpen the blade from time to time to maintain peak performance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are pole saws used for?
Pole saws are used for trimming and pruning trees. These are specially designed to be used with tall trees that cannot be trimmed with normal hand tools.
Q. How thick can pole saw cut?
The CRAFTSMAN V20 Pole Saw can cut through up to 6 inches thick branches with its 8 inches bar+ chain.
Q. Are pole saws safe?
Pole saws can be dangerous if not handled properly and must be used with caution. If properly handled they should not be a problem for users and are relatively safe.
Q. How to store a pole saw?
First, clean the pole saw with a damp cloth and a brush. Then, lubricate the chains and empty the bar oil container. Finally, pack it up and store it in a cool and dry place.
Q. Can you use pole saws to trim hedges?
You can but you shouldn’t. For precise cuts use a hedge trimmer. That would be your best option.
The electric pole saw is a very useful gardening tool. Compared to standard pole saws, they can trim and prune your trees much easier and at less than half the time.
The CRAFTSMAN V20 Pole Saw is a great choice in that case. It’s packed with a powerful motor and provides tons of useful features. It is also very reliable which is reflected by its 3 years long warranty. You can’t go wrong with this one. Hope this CRAFTSMAN V20 Pole Saw, 14-Foot (CMCCSP20M1) review was helpful for anyone looking to buy a new electric pole saw.
Happy trimming.Check Today’s Price On Amazon
Let’s Watch a Video Review
Click here to check the latest price!