Tackle those hard-to-reach branches with ease. The Sun Joe SWJ807E 2-in-1 convertible electric pole chain + saw takes the danger and difficulty out of trimming your overgrown trees. Stand safely on solid ground and simply adjust the telescoping pole to gain up to 15 feet of overhead reach. Later, when the limbs are down and there’s wood to be cut, the SWJ807E quickly converts to a hand-held chainsaw to make light work of loads of logs.
Powered by a robust 8-amp motor, the SWJ807E can handle the most stubborn tree limbs up to 7-inches thick. It features a durable, 10-inch Sun Joe bar and chain with an auto-oiler to keep the bar and chain fully lubricated during use. Unlike gas-powered tools, SWJ807E is powered electrically, so you’ll power up reliably every time with the push of a button, without having to deal with smoke, fumes, spark plugs or costly tune-ups. Plus the SWJ807E comes equipped with a built-in safety switch to prevent accidental starting. The Sun Joe SWJ807E convertible electric pole chain + saw carries a full two-year warranty.
A Brief Overview
Sun Joe SWJ807E is a well-known brand within the pole saw business. From my experience, their products have always been reliable. and therefore the Sun Joe SWJ807E is not any exception.
With its 10-inch bars, Sun Joe SWJ803E can traverse up to 9.5 inch thick branches without a sweat. this is often quite adequate for trimming your trees.
This is also an excellent pole saw for eco-concerned individuals who want minimum carbon emissions. Sun Joe SWJ807E doesn’t use gas or the other sort of fuel. The cordless system is additionally great for maneuverability as you’re not held back by the length of the wire. Allowing maximum flexibility of use.
The pole is about 10 inches chainsaw. this is often clear enough for many gardening practices. So, you do not need to worry about those pesky branches that are mocking you for therefore long.
Most pole saws
Are quite heavy to figure with. Obviously having an important chainsaw strapped at the top of a pole isn’t something you’ll handle easily. therein regard. Sun Joe SWJ807E is fairly light compared to the competition. It weighs only 8.4 lbs (3.6 kg). that’s light enough to figure without causing serious hand fatigue.
When working with power tools safety should be your favorite priority. And it’s the case with this chain saw. It includes a blade guard and a safety lock system to guard you from accidental hazards. Of course, you continue to got to handle it with care and caution.
Finally, we are getting to check out the foremost important thing that ought to interest you while buying any piece of machinery. And it’s the warranty. Sun Joe SWJ807E provides 2 years of warranty. this is often in fact not the simplest within the market but it is not that bad either. I’ve seen far expensive pole saws offering far less. So, judging the worth I actually can’t complain.
Features Sun Joe SWJ807E 10 inch 8.0 Amp Electric Convertible Pole Chain Saw Review
- Amperage (amps): 8
- Assembled Depth (inches): 78
- Assembled Height (inches): 7.9
- Assembled Width (inches): 5.7
- Assembly Required: Some
- Certifications and Listings: ETL
- Chain Size (inches): 10
- Chainsaw Type: Convertible Pole/Chain Saw
- Cutting Diameter (inches): 7
- Power Source: Electric
- Product Type: Convertible Pole Saw
- Telescoping: Yes
- Cord Length (feet): 1
Cutting Tips Sun Joe SWJ807E
- Balance your weight with both feet on land.
- Your body should be to the left of the chain line.
- The commonest cutting application is to position the unit at an angle of 60° or less counting on the precise situation (Fig. 24). because the angle of the pole chain saw shaft to the bottom increases, the problem of creating the primary cut (from the underside of limb) increases.
8 Amp Motor
Powerful 8-amp motor, the sun Joe SWJ807E can handle the foremost stubborn tree limbs up to 9.5-inches thick. As I discussed earlier, you’ll need a cord to work this machine and therefore the maximum length should be 100 feet.
- Disconnect the saw from the power supply.
- Unclip the cam-lock to release the pole (Fig. 20).
- Extend the pole to the desired length (Fig. 21).
Precautions for using
- Never stand directly under the limb you are trimming. Always position yourself outside the path of falling debris.
- Never stand on a ladder or other type of unstable support while using the pole chain saw.
- Keep all handles and grip surfaces clean, dry, and free from oil and grease.
- Always use both hands to operate the pole chain saw. Keep a firm, steady pressure on the pole chain saw while cutting, but do not try to cut limbs larger in diameter than the length of the guide bar.
- Keep other people and pets away from the cutting end of the pole chain saw and at a safe distance away from the work area.
- Do not use the pole chain saw near the cable, electric power, or telephone lines. Maintain a minimum clearance of 50 ft (15 m) from all power lines.
Maintenance tips for The Sun Joe SWJ807E
Please contact an authorized Snow Joe® + Sun Joe® dealer or call the Snow Joe® + Sun Joe® customer service center at 1-866-SNOWJOE (1-866-766-9563) for all maintenance operations not foreseen in this manual. Any operation performed in an unauthorized service center or by unqualified personnel will completely invalidate the warranty.
- Ideal for cutting overhanging limbs and thin logs
- Telescoping pole extends to 6.5 ft providing up to 8.8 ft of overhead reach
- Powerful 8-amp motor cuts branches up to 7-inches thick
- 10-inch Oregon cutting bar and chain with automatic lubrication
- CSA approved; Full 2-year warranty
- Great price
- Great for trimming and pruning
- 15 ft of maximum reach
- Powerful motor providing
- Very grippy
- Good warranty (2 years)
- Well reviewed by users
- Automatic oiler
- Telescopic pole
- Like most pole saws, it can feel heavy when fully extended.
ALWAYS use only authorized Snow Joe® + Sun Joe® replacement parts and accessories. NEVER use replacement parts or accessories that are not intended for use with this saw. Contact Snow Joe® + Sun Joe® if you are unsure whether it is safe to use a particular replacement part or accessory with your saw. The use of any other attachment or accessory can be dangerous and could cause injury or mechanical damage.
How to use the Sun Joe SWJ807E
Read the owner’s manual and safety instructions carefully before operating the pole chain saw. Compare the illustration below to the pole chain saw in order to familiarize yourself with the location of the various controls and adjustments. Save this manual for future reference.
1. 10 in. guide bar 2. 10 in. chain 3. Oil tank cap 4. Oil level indicator window 5. Cam-lock nut for telescoping pole 6. Rear handle 7. Appliance cord 8. Safety lock button 9. Trigger switch 10. Extension cord restraint hook 11. Front handle foam grip 12. Telescopic pole 13. Cam-lock for telescopic pole 14. Multi-angle head adjustment dial 15. End cover nut (beneath the cap) 16. Chain/sprocket end cover 17. End cover nut cap 18. Cutting bar sheath 19. Hex key wrench/blade screwdriver
To protect yourself from electrocution, do not operate the 2-in-1 pole + chain saw within 50 ft (15 m) of overhead wires. Failure to follow this instruction could result in severe personal injury.
- Note the extension cord’s location relative to the tool. While operating the pole chain saw, be careful not to trip over the cord.
- Keep the cord away from the chain and the operator at all times.
- Keep children, animals, and bystanders a safe distance away from the pole chain saw and extension cord.
- Only the pole chain saw operator should be in the work area.
- Do not use the pole chain saw to cut down trees.
- Always use two hands when operating the pole chain saw. Grip the pole chain saw securely with one hand on the trigger and the other hand on the pole.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: I would wish to know if this saw can work with 220v?
Answer: We apologize this unit is designed to be used only with 110V. The use of an adapter is not recommended.
Question: Is that this item convertible that the saw is often used without the pole?
Answer: Yes it is. It can be used as a chainsaw with or without the pole.
Question: Is there a hedge trimmer attachment available for this model?
Answer: The pole for this unit is not interchangeable. The GTS4002C may be a better option for you.
Question: Is it using gas-powered or electricity power charging?
Answer: It is electric. Power cord, not battery.
So, here is the Sun Joe SWJ807E review. This pole saw is an excellent choice if you are looking for a powerful and reliable pole saw at an affordable price.
From my experience, very few pole saws live up to the quality and performance of this one at this price.